Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vancouver, Seattle and Calgary

It's Victoria Day long weekend and since my sister decided to take a week off, I had decided to travel with her to the west coast. My kids have never been there so this would be a good opportunity to add new places to photobook that I am working on. We flew to Vancouver and arrived there in the evening. We picked up the rental car, had a light dinner and then we went back to the hotel to take some rest. We kids was so excited when they stepped into the hotel room since they could see planes moving right from our hotel room! This certainly a very attractive activity for them and I used the time to unpack things. For the few days that we stayed in Vancouver, we went to Granville Island, the Suspension Bridge, waterfront and downtown area and my mom was able to meet up with a couple of her old friends too. We also drove up to Whistler but too bad that it had light rain so it's a bit chilly there.
Then we drove to Seattle. We stayed there for 3 days and it was very relaxing. We stayed at downtown Seattle and we walked to the market, seeing the first Starbucks and had very yummy dinner at the hotel.
After we drove back to Vancouver, we flew to Calgary. We met up with my husband and then we drove to Banff and Lake Louise. I love there so much that I really want to go there every year! We simply drove around the area and enjoying our stay at the hotels! For the hotel that we stayed in Banff, the swimming pool was awesome. It had a great scenery while you were using the outdoor heated swimming pool.

No comments: